We are becoming...
International Conference of
War Veteran Ministers
This Web Site is under construction. As the National Conference of Viet Nam Veteran Ministers evolves into the Inteernational Conference of War Veteran Ministers, the web site is being updated. This site map is a snapshot of the site as it currently is, and as it is intended to become.
Pages to be deleted in the course of revision:
- index.htm. The Title Paqe -- very first stop, with links to home 3 (Veterans), home 2(Clergy), pcts (PCTS), home4 (Funding), world (World), and home (News)
- sitemap.htm. Sitemap. This is the page you are currently reading.
- home2.htm. Home Page. Opening Page for Clergy Veterans. (This was the very first opening page for the NCVNVM site and contains the general statement about NCVNVM and spiritual healing, with links to healing ourselves, healing veterans, healing others, and healing the world.)
- who.htm Who We Are. The National Conference of Viet Nam Veteran Ministers is comprised of over 50 Vietnam veterans who are also ordained ministers or full time religious workers, representing a variety of religious traditions as broad as America.
- goals.htm. Mission, Goals and Objectives. This page contains our organization's mission statement, as well as its statement of goals and objectives.
- officers.htm. Officers and a Board of Directors elected at each Annual Convoation.
- then.htm Then and Now. Take a look at pictures of our members in Vietnam and today.
- carvermemorial.htm Memorial Site for Russell J. Carver, 1929-2004.
- mcleanmemorial.htm Memorial Site for Alan McLean, 1942-2005.
- member.htm. Eligibility for Membership. Are you interested in joining us? Here's whats required.
- history.htm NCVNVM History. NCVNVM's historical statement and links to pages of past events.
- fire.htm Fire. Photos of the fire which destroyed the NCVNVM offices at the La Salette Provincial House on November 5, 1999.
- hodges.htm. New offices on Hodges Street. May 2000
- meeting.htm. Annual Convocation. We gather once a year at different locations around the country -- in October, 2000 it will be Attleboro, Massachusetts -- to provide a spiritual welcome home to veterans who are also clergy.
- prior.htm Annual Convocations before 1998
- meet1998.htm 1998 Annual Meeting in Albuquerque, New Mexico
- meet1999.htm 1999 Annual Meeting
- meet2000.htm 2000 Annual Meeting
- witness.htm The Walls Bear Witness. Photos taken after the massacre at St. Peter's Lutheran Church, Monrovia, Liberia, in 1990, and an associated poem. A participant in the 2000 Annual Meeting shared his experience in Liberia.
- meet2004.htm 2004 Annual Meeting
- cutter.htm Peace and Reconciliation Service. At each Annual Meeting, our members lead special worship services. Here is a very special service conducted at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial at Angel Fire, New Mexico.
- links.htm Member links
- home4.htm: Introduction Page for Grantors
- funders.htm. Donors Our thank you page to individual and corporate donors who have made our programs possible.
- 501c3.htm. 501c3 Letter. Your basis for claiming a deduction for your gifts to NCVNVM.
- home.htm. Home Page One. New Events, New Developments. This is the opening page with news of late breaking events and link to the site's starting point.
- events.htm Coming Events. A list of scheduled future events
- events2.htm Planned Projects. Descriptions of projects currently being planned. New Programs Being Planned and Funding Requiremens.
- home3.htm Spiritual Healing for Veterans. Opening Page for Veterans. NCVNVM: A Resource for Veterans
- workshop.htm Spiritual Healing. We are offering spiritual healing workshops around the country for combat veterans and their spouses. Other workshops are being planned. Visit this page for more information.
- A pledge.htm "Warrior's Pledge" was written by one of our members as a resource to veterans as we end what has been termed the bloodiest century in the history of civilization. Please read the pledge, and add your own support by signing our guestbook.
- help.htm Contact a Veteran Minister. Here is a list of our members who have offered to make their names and contact information available in case they may be of help to you. List is arranged geographically,
- glb.htm A Safe place for Gay, Lesbian and Bisexual Veterans. 1998 Letter re safe place for GLB.
- links.htm. Member-recommended links. There are many other web sites of interest to Vietnam veterans. Here are some sites that our members recommend you take a look at!
- pathways.htm. Pathways to Promise: Ministry and Mental Illness describes an organization IVCWVM has joined in order to work with a variety of faith communities in coordinating efforts to support persons with mental illness through congregations.
- pcts.htm Pastoral Care for Trauma Survivors Main Page
- cttp.htm Clergy Trauma Training Project
- approach.htm Recommended articles on Spirituality and Trauma.
- clergy.htm Workshop on Suffering. How can civilian clergy help bring spiritual healing to Vietnam veterans? We would like to see some workshops take place for civilian clergy, and are presently working on some ideas including a curriculum on trauma survivors specifically oriented to clergy.
- ptsd.htm. PTSD Links. Here is a collection of links we are developing to sites with specific information or help about PTSD.
- chlinks.htm Church and Trauma, Church and Mental Health Links
- chaplain.htm Chaplaincy Workshops. Many of us are chaplains for our local or state level veterans organization chapters, including both VVA and other veterans organizations, and we offer workshops on how this role can be better performed.
- Memorial Service. A committee of NCVNVM leaders has developed a Ritual and Prayer book for use by chaplains of VVA and other veterans organizations, which through the good offices of VVA should now be in the hands of every VVA chapter. It contains a Memorial Service which is now available here on the internet for your use, courtesy of the VVA Maryland State Council web site.
- chapchap.htm Enroll in Discussion Group for Chaplains of Veteran Organizations
- world.htm World Veteran Outreach. As a result of the various international contacts that we are making, we have started a new section of our site, including a page which identify links with similarly concerned veterans around the world, including country, and also, when available, web site and email contacts. In addition, we have a report of the World Veteran Conference which was held in Dubrovnik, Croatia, and progress reports on a new conference held in Tblisi, Georgia in July, 1999.
- justice.htm Peace and Justice Statements. At each Annual Meeting, our members identify one or two issues that are high in the national consciousness and add our voice to the others in the public square.
- just_01.htm Military Build up in Middle East - November 9, 1990
- just_02.htm Dehumanizing Effects of War - November 18, 1991
- just_03.htmHuman Sexuality and the Military - November 12, 1993
- just_04.htmNormalization of Relations with Viet Nam - November 12, 1993
- just_15.htmUnited States Army School of the Americas - November 12, 1993
- just_05.htmHomelessness and the Veteran Community - October 30, 1994
- just_06.htmVeterans' Health Care - October 30, 1994
- just_07.htmReligious Persecution in Vietnam - October 30, 1994
- just_08.htmTolerance in Viet Nam - October 20, 1996
- just_09.htmListen to those who Pay the Price - October 20, 1996
- just_10.htmLand Mines - October 19, 1997
- just_11.htmMedical Problems of Gulf War Veterans - October 19, 1997
- just_12.htmHuman Rights Abuses by U. S. Trained Forces - October 16, 1998
- just_13.htmSteadily Increasing Violence - October 16, 1998
- just_14.htmJubilee 2000 - October 16, 1998
- just_991.htmUse of Military to Suppress Drug Trafficking in Colombia - 1999
- just_992.htmTears, Remembrance and Reflection as a New Millenium Arrives - 1999
- just_16.htmAdolescent Trauma -- 2000
- just_17.htmVeterans Pay - 2001
- just_18.htmAddress P of T - 2001
- just_19.htmRespect 9/11 - 2001
- just_021.htm Threats to Constitutional Principles - October 17 2002
- just_022.htmThe Situation in Iraq - October 17 2002
- just_031.htmCommendation of Senator Robert Byrd - October 23, 2003
- just_032.htmCare of Veterans - October 23, 2003
- just_033.htmDisabled Veterans Tax - October 23, 2003
- just_041.htmConcerning Funding for VA Health Care - October 15, 2004
- just_042.htmConcerning the Upcoming Elections - October 15, 2004
- book.htm Bookstore. Books are an important part of healing for many of us. We now have a bookstore site with five "aisles" on which we can share books that are important to us--and let you help NCVNVM by ordering the book through Amazon.com.
- book1.htm Aisle 1. Understanding the Vietnam Experience
- book2.htm Aisle 2. Daily Living Resources for Veterans.
- book3.htm Aisle 3. Trauma and Spirituality.
- book4.htm Aisle 4. Sources of the Vietnam Conflict.
- book5.htm Aisle 5. Vietnam Fiction
- book6.htm Aisle 6. Other Books of Interest to Members
About Us |
Events and Projects |
Spiritual Healing for Veterans|
Pastoral Care for Trauma Survivors
Support for Chaplains|
World Veteran Outreach |
Peace and Justice Statements
Sign Guestbook |
View Guestbook |
©1999-2004 National Conference of Viet Nam Veteran Ministers, now serving veterans as the International Conference of War Veteran Ministers. All Rights Reserved. The National Conference of Viet Nam Veteran Ministers is a registered trademark. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. NCVNVM is funded by membership dues, donations, and major grants from organizations believing in our work. Contact information for officers and webmaster on separate page. This page last updated August 11, 2009